Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Question 85 ~ Toys

Did you have a favorite toy as a child? Did it have a name?  What memories do you have?
                        Preview
Memories of childhood again ugh.  I DO have a few of toys, a couple faded spotty ones and one that really stands out. There was berri Bear (I wrote about him before when I couldn't remember his name yet he was so important to me) I had this big doll that I loved until I left her in the wadding pool and her eyes turned yellow and everyone teased me about her, can't remember her name.  I do remember I turned on her like a snake because no one liked her anymore.

Then there was my little horse on wheels, he was fuzzy gray and white and I named him Honky Tonky.  (my parents listened to a lot of country music)  I loved him.  If I was sitting on him wheeling him around I was trying to carry him and dragging him around.  I was teased by my brothers but I didn't care.  He was my friend.  (I was a strange child)  I would talk to him as if he were real... in a way he was.  Then came the Promise betrayal.  I do not know which parent had put him in the cubbie whole in the wall one day I think it was because I was being bad.  But I had sort of learned to deal without him, well they were cleaning it out and said "do you want Honky Tonky anymore, or have you grown up?"  Me thinking OMG I can get Honky Tonky back.. but feeling I wanted to be a big girl said "no I don't need him anymore"  Out to the trash he went (he was in bad shape... but still.  I cried myself to sleep many many nights over it.  Thinking why didn't I just say I wanted him.  Poor Honky Tonky. hehehe  What a dork!

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

k this journal is fun! i'm a newbie and i'll post comments for my answers!

when i was born my mom gave me a little bear that plays music while it's head rotates around. and i still have it! i keep it next to my bed on the window seat! i don't know what the song is that it plays but it still works! i also really loved games as a kid like operation and hungry eating hippos(i think thats what it was called) and there was candyland! i f i had no one to play with i would make up my own version to play by myself lol

Anonymous said...

HMMM..AM I NEW?? WELL SORTA..HEHEH..BUT MY FAVORITE TOY?? WOW...HMMM...IT WAS THAT YELLOW SCHOOL BUS WITH THE KIDS THAT YOU COULD POP IN ..THE WOODEN ONE...AHHEHE..I THINK MADE BY FISHER PRICE...OR....LET ME SEE..IT WAS A WOODEN BEAGLE WITH ROLLING LEGS AND A TAG THAT WAGGED?? OH MY GOD...AM I OLD??? AHAHHAH... ~FLAVA~

Anonymous said...

I narrowed it down to a doll and a monkey...

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/387
Jamie

Anonymous said...

never a favorite toy just a favorite stuffed animal named kitty i couldnt sleep with out him then one day i forgot all about him and put him up my mom just recently threw him away.

Anonymous said...

mr. potato head was one. coloring books with the huge box of colors, a wedding doll santa brought me, skates and bikes but most of all I loved to make mud pies. I'm 54 thur. sence I left home from high school my mud pies turned into gardening and my back yard looks like it's in hawaii the way I have it landscaped with the plants trees and flowers. come for a vist
http://journals.aol.com/judypearllove/ToBlessedToBeStressed/
and

Anonymous said...

GI Joes, Hot Wheels, Match Box Cars,

Anonymous said...

    I loved my dolls. Every birthday and every Christmas, I got a new one, and that was the one I loved most for about six months. I got my bike for my sixth birthday. Once I learned to ride it, I was never home. Had that bike for years until it was lost. The other toys I really enjoyed was a building set that I told my Mom I absolutely had to have for Christmas one year. I couldn't figure out how to use it at first, but once I did, I felt like and architect designing new buildings. I loved it. The last doll I ever got was for my 13th or 14th birthday. I told my Mom I wanted a doll I could leave on my bed. So she found me a really nice old fashioned doll. When I got married, she made it a dress from the material she had left over from my wedding dress. The skirt had a net bag and my sister and my Mom filled the skirt with bows from all the gifts I got. I still have it.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Ode to a blankie... :-)  Promise, I really enjoyed this one, thanks!
~Miss O
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/761

Anonymous said...

My answers for questions 82-85 can be found here

http://journals.aol.com/curvyanglintexas/HeartfeltExpressions/entries/693

Maria

Anonymous said...

Courage has it's posting!
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/Courage/entries/814
Peace and love,
Charley

Anonymous said...

Heres my catch up on 76 - 85
http://journals.aol.com/skunkyrip/NewBeginnings/entries/705


You right talking to stuff animals like there real was a fun thing to do I used to interview mine and make up some sort of story to go with it lol and i know that was weird lol

Kristina (pittsk615)

Anonymous said...

Paper Dolls
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/451
Lori