Thursday, August 11, 2005

Question 81 ~ Christmas

Describe the downtown area of your hometown at Christmas.
Preview
Now this confuses me, do they mean the town I grew up in or the town I live in now. 
Well, since we moved around so much when I was a kid I don't have just one lol.  So I'll go with the town I live in.
Christmas time... there are lights put up everywhere, there is a tree in the town they decorate and they hang some bells on the street lights.  That's about it.  It's not a big deal, or a wow look at that sort of thing.  This town gets more excited about Halloween.  Hmm means what? There are a lot of witches, ghosts and goblins here?

I normally don't even shop in this town.  High prices.  So I spend most of my "downtown" time in the next couple of towns over.


** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not much in the Christmas spirit right now, but I tried to not sound too jaded.

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/368

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Our town has become crime and gang infested over the years. They try very hard to decorate downtown at christmas, but it gets vandalized sometimes.
Nothing is SACRED .............

Anonymous said...

Hya.  I posted a comment with my link to my journal jar on your first entry but I'm not sure you will find it.  So here it is again,  and what a freakin' nifty idea.  I started with question one,  but hopefully I will catch up soon.  

SINS

Anonymous said...

I added an entry on this in my journal. I am new to this and its the first time I picked something from someone elses journal. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...


Oops. A link to my journal. Sorry.. Like I said Im new. lol

Anonymous said...

     At Christmas time, my town has a lot of festivities. There is a living manger scene outside of the hospital. On that night a horse drawn carriage takes people all over town to see the lights. We have some mansions here that are fully decorated. They light a tree in the Uptown area. There is an electric light parade in early December one night at dusk. Santa comes to town that day. He has a house Uptown where he welcomes visitors and takes pictures with them. And I belong to an organization that helps family who are in trouble at Christmas time. Everyone gets involved from the school children who bring canned food to school for us, to City Hall where people can drop off more food or toys. Christmas is very busy.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Questions 78-81 answered here

http://journals.aol.com/curvyanglintexas/HeartfeltExpressions/entries/659

Maria

Anonymous said...

Well this was another hard one, but it gave me some thoughts of what I need to do this christmas

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/435
Lori