Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Question 82~ Birth order

How did you like being the oldest, youngest or middle child?  Did it have a particular advantage or disadvantage?

Well, I am the baby of the family.  I was well protected being the baby, however, I was also closely watched (still am)  Most of my family was very over protective of me, my parents still are.  My oldest brother was very very very over protective.  I used that to my advantage later in life. 

I did however "pay for their mistakes" in ways.  Like I couldn't do some things because they messed up.  I should correct that, I wasn't supposed to do them.  After everyone moved out and I was the last child at home, I became spoiled.  I got my own phone line, the clothes I wanted, was able to do things I hadn't been allowed to do.  I took advantage of that and went a bit wild.  That's a lie, I went totally wild.  I have to say since I don't know what it's like to be the oldest or middle child I think I had it the best (although that whole baby ... overprotective thing does make me crazy at times)  But I know my family loves me and I guess if I look at the good in it and not the hassle it's all okay.


** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

Just a little note:  My computer still isn't well, but I will do my best to post everyday.  If I can't open my word document I'll just post the question and return to answer it. 

Tomorrow I'll link the new participants (there are quite a few)

Nite.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the oldest.  I broke my parents in!  LOL!  I was the bossy older sister as far as my sister and brother (the baby) were concerned, and the rebellious one for my parents.  Where you were overly protected, I was the one who could do no right.  My sister was daddy's girl and could do no wrong and my brother was a Momma's boy who also could do no wrong.  Now that we're older, all I have to say is that some things never changed.  Hugs, Sheila

PS  email me about your computer and any error messages you are getting.

Anonymous said...

I'm an only child and hated it as long as I remember.. felt so lonely all the time.. wanted a sister in the worst way!! good luck with your computer..know how you feel..my DSL is down :(

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

    I was fourth out of four. Just like everything else in this life, there was good and bad about that. More responsibility fell on the older ones, and my mother protected me more than the others. Six of one, 1/2 dozen of another.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

There are 9 kids in my family. My mother lost 4 children to miscarriages, otherwise there would have been 13 kids all together.
I have a younger sister who has been in a home since she was 4 years old.
She suffered brain damage when she feel down a flight of stairs.
So I grew up in the house as the "baby" of the family. I hated it.
I am still called at 45 years of age, my older sisters "Baby Brother"............

Anonymous said...

I'm an only.

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/381

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Promise, I was the baby too!  :-)  It does have it's advantages, doesn't it?  LOL

Here's mine http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/752
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

I WAS THE OLDEST, AN LOVED IT, B/C I GOT TO DO THINGS BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE, AND MY PARENT'S WERE TRIAL AN ERROR WITH ME, SO IT WAS INTERESTIN GROWING UP, SEEIN MY PARENT'S TRY NEW THINGS.  I WAS ALSO THE ONLY GIRL, SO I WAS SO SPOILED.!!! I LOVED IT THOUGH!!! MD

Anonymous said...

First born,  hated it and loved it ....

http://journals.aol.com/beachmelissa3/ABeachGirlsDreams/entries/645

Anonymous said...

I love being the baby of the family!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/444
Lori