Monday, August 29, 2005

Question 84

Do you have a favorite author?  Who? Why?  Tell about a favorite book as a child, youth adult.

I have so many favorite authors.  Danielle Steel, Sandra Brown,  Dean Koontz, Stephen King.  They all have a different style of writing and different types of books.  I can't pick a favorite.  Which book I read normally depends on my mood at that time and whether I thirst for horror, mystery or romance. 
                  Preview

As for favorite books.  I know I had a few favorite books as a child I loved "the Cat in the Hat".  There was this one book and I believe I still have it packed away somewhere in a box but I cannot remember the name.  Maybe someday when I'm ready I will be able to look into that box.  As a teen I hated to read, didn't have time for it, so any book I was forced to read was a hindrance so there was no favorite books.  Preview
Now I love to read.  At this time my favorite book and this is usually the case if it's a good book, is the one I am reading. And I am currently reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual.  It's 14 different stories in one book. Right now I'm on All That You Love Will Be Carried Away.  I just started this story so I do not know much about it.  His stories often give me the chills.  I love to read before I go to bed.  Yet, reading this book is often the reason I can't sleep.  I know it's just words on a page, but I always put myself into what I'm reading or watching.  So it's best to read stuff during the day.
                                           Preview
I love books.  I can escape.  Just not too far.

                Preview
** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

solomon jones and shannon holmes, and terry woods
because they are from the hood and the only authors who can really capture the grimeness of the drug game and the streets and when they write its so raw and real. i never had a favorite book as a child whatever came into my hands i read now my favorite book would have to be nervous by zane she is an incredible writer also. im not into white authors like that just books about the street hood tales i call them.

Anonymous said...

I'm up!
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/Courage/entries/804

Anonymous said...

Cool one I can answer in a possitive way . I love books ,miss them  to no time at all . sure I can proubably try reading instead of typing but then I get interupted and I have to start over so lets see kids books. black stallion I loved . and little house on the praire and cat in the hat has been my all time favroit
Stephin king is the all time favroit of mine. And I didnt even hear about the book your reading . I love the dead zone . Ive read it four times. and i love it . jean all the clan of the cave bear seruos is great to .still waighting for the last voulme but havnt heard if it came out .
theres so many I love cant list them all  

Anonymous said...

Here's mine.....  Have a nice night!
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/759
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

     When I was a child, my favorite book was Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It just seemed that Jo was so natural and so creative, that I thought if she could write, so could I. I found a lot inspiration in that book. Now I read a lot of Tony Hillerman and Sara Paretsky. I prefer historical fiction as opposed to mystery. I have Cannery Row by Stienbeck in my night stand. I'm just starting that. There are so many.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle

Anonymous said...

Hey........... I thought your favorite autthor was:  Hadonfield Myers
he he he he
Mine is Stephen Covey

Anonymous said...

I loved Dr. Seuss as a kid - still do. My fav is James Patterson & Mary Higgins Clark. I'm with you on the reading thing too. Loved reading when I was little, hated it as a teenager when I had to do it and back to loving a good book now. Thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/386

Just one author?  ha!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

i'm a Stephen King fan! my favorite book by him is "It"

Anonymous said...

Promise, I had just written an entry about this and hadn't yet posted it.  I guess great minds think alike, huh?  :-)  LOL
~Miss O
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/759

Anonymous said...

Georgette Heyer!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/449
Lori