Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Question 56 ~ Then and Now

What things do you enjoy doing as an adult that you also enjoyed as a child?

PreviewThis is a pretty easy question, and I actually have many things I still enjoy... guess it could be said I never grew up :)
Saturday morning cartoons, I don't think I'll ever grow out of those.  I love to color, yes in coloring books.  I use coloring to relax me, to keep my mind of things that are stressing me.  So the reasons are different, but I still enjoy it.
I love riding bikes and swinging.  Of coarse sometimes I ride the bike that doesn't go anywhere.  I prefer going outside and riding until I can't ride anymore, our weather hasn't been too nice to do that yet. 
I guess I enjoy a lot of stuff like playing in the sand, dancing no matter who's looking, going to the zoo, but mostly it's the Saturday morning cartoons.

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

Preview

We have a lot of people that just joined us here at the Journal Jar.  I'd like to welcome you all and hope that you enjoy it as much as we do! 
So welcome to:
Diane aka Jolie424 at 
Lucky Begonia
Mary aka imnclady at  Here's Your Sign

Katiegrace16 at  Step by Step

Carri aka Carrilyn2 at  My Internet Blog.....

Jade aka angelicregan75 at  A Penny For Your Thoughts

Emily aka Emcphers128 at  Emily's Online Diary

Gem aka libragem007 at  Journally Yours
  &   Gem's Journal Jar
If I have missed I'm sorry just let me know in your next post that you were/are new!  

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, this is weird!!!  I was talking to someone yesteday who saw "Madagascar" and I said, "I'm glad I'm not the only one who still enjoys a good, clean, "kiddie" movie!"  So, yes, that is one thing then and now I like - Disney movies, kid movies.  Mostly we rent them or I catch up on them when I visit my niece and we have our "movie night".  I still like to shoot hoops at the park.  That is left over from my basketball days when I was a teen.  I also miss bike riding.  I know I wouldn't be nearly as big as I am if I could still bike ride, but we don't have a garage or shed or even a basement for me to store one.  I could kill my husband for picking this house out, but he got it before we met.   I also like reading books geared for older children.  Those by Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume.  Lois Duncan was a writer of suspense/horror novels for teens too and had some good books.  I need a trip to the library!!!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/pittsk615/PhoenixSymphony/entries/967
heres mine
~kristina

Anonymous said...

Well, I still enjoy doing gymnastics with my girls and even my boys (nothing wrong with them knowing how to do it either, builds great upper and lower body strength). I too still dance like no one is watching, lol.  With a 9, 6, 2 and 1 y/o I certainly still color and watch cartoons, now that I think of it, I cannot remember watching any "adult" tv except for maybe Desperate Housewives, ha ha but hands down the winner would be gymnastics.  Its fun and a great means of exercise for us all.  I do everything with my kids, which in my opinion keeps me young or at least my mentality if not my body, ha ha.  Brandy

Anonymous said...

Here's mine, glad to see you are back. Hope things are well!  ~Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

i am a huge kids at heart to this day and in fact look forward to enjoying activities with my kids sometimes more than they do. particularly- bike riding, playing of all kinds, swinging, swimming, camping, sports, you name it. it has been the greatest fun being a mom- i love just being goofy with them!!

Anonymous said...

The two things I would have to say would be:
1) riding a bicycle   2) Swinging on a tree swing

Anonymous said...

hell there alot who`d tell ya i never grew up so i`d say everything hehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually that picture of Bugs Bunny brought back some memories.  You know every so often I'll be flipping channels and see that one of the cartoons is on and I will watch it even though I have seen it so many times before!


Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal

Anonymous said...

I'd definately have to agree with the coloring.  I still love to color.  I think theres just something about staying within the lines, and everything coming out the way you intended it to.

Anonymous said...

my still favroit things to do is.is watching giligans island,tearing things apart .I use to love to tear radios apart and couldnt put them back together.lol now its cars and houses .
I enjoy walks ,though I dont get out as much as I like.

Anonymous said...

Do we ever REALLY grow up?
http://journals.aol.com/gailmb/Classyof68/entries/1657

Anonymous said...

Well, I was never really a child in many ways.  So, in that regard I like the same things mostly. I like to read, to take long walks in the woods, to watch old movies on TV, to make up stories and write them down (they are better stories now) and to daydream.

Terri

Anonymous said...

This was easy!
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/CelestesJournalJar/entries/496

Anonymous said...

i like going     sking    and i like  walking  and swiming   and been  outside

Anonymous said...

I like ice cream
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

this question makes me sad =(, I had too much responsibility and no time to be a kid.

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/unicornsteph80/Welcometomylife/entries/389

Anonymous said...

A lot of the same things you enjoy....
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/398