Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Question 48 ~Adventure

What is the most adventuresome thing you have ever done?

Oh boy,  This was so hard to think of just one thing, I've pretty much led a crazy life, full of adventure.  However, I need to keep this "g" rated and I don't want to relive the insane parts so although this didn't show me as the brightest bulb on the tree, it was adventuresome.
I was in the process of moving, and actually really had no place of my own lined up yet.  I was moving my things into a pole barn of a friends and was planning on staying out there. I guess I just got tired of it all.  I took all the money I had in savings sold a few things which gave me a total of $2000 filled my car up with gas and let me tell you it was a beater of a car.  Went and visited my Mom, but told her I couldn't stay long, I was saying good bye but she didn't know that.  Took my child (who I didn't have custody of, of coarse.  Gave my ex a fake address and took off in my car. 
             Preview
Not knowing where I was going.  I was just leaving MN.  I just kept driving, we stopped along the way and bought a tent.  My son was pretty young then, and had no idea what we were doing, heck neither did I.  Once we were out of MN, although I was a little scared, it became a challenge to me.  Could we make it without my family, without his dad?  Would I get in trouble?  I had no plans on where we would end up, I knew I just wanted to keep driving.  I started to get tired and ended up in Nebraska, we got there about 7am and got a hotel.  We slept on and off most of the morning, and my son watched cartoons. We then headed out, got to the edge of Nebraska and decided to stop at this resort and stay for a few days.  I was having second thoughts and wondering what I had done.  We pitched our tent.  We went to the bar/resturant to eat then down to the beach.  We were swimming and having a good time. I was feeling better and thought we'd stay a couple of days, have some fun and keep going.  I had left my wallet under my towel.  I didn't think about that when we gathered up our stuff and went back to our tent,  once there I noticed my wallet wasn't there.  I ran back to the beach of coarse it was gone, it probably was gone before I pick up our stuff.  Now I was out of money. I talked to the people who owned the resort and she let me work at the bar in exchange for meals and for the charge for having our tent there.  I ended up having to have someone wire me money but I had to promise I would come home.  So when the money got there, I tired to pay the lady some money because she always gave more then I worked, she gave my son ice cream and extra stuff. She was very good to us.  But she wouldn't take it.  So we started to drive home.  Somewhere in Iowa, I got a flat tire. I look and my spare is flat, then up pulls a highway patrol, I think well I'm gone... I had expired tabs and no driver's license. My son is in the car saying something about we just got back from seeing Burt and Ernie and now we are on our way to visit Big Bird.  The highway patrol looked at my plates, HAD to have seen they were expired, but said "we'll have to tow your car to the garage" I said "there is no way I can afford a tow" He said "just thank the good state of Iowa" I was floored.  So we get to the garage and they are putting new (used) tires on, four of them!!  My son is on the phone with Big bird lol.  I'm still freaking that they are going to take my car or me to jail.  But they don't.  He shakes my hand, tells me to have a save trip home, then leaves.  I made it back home, my family didn't know I had even left the state until years later.  Of coarse my ex did, he went to that fake address I gave him.  It was like some scene out of a movie when he was telling me about it, it was a vacant lot.  All I could do was laugh.
I left a few things out to condense this story.  But that was one of my odd adventures. And the adventures continue.....

                                   Preview
** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK NOTHING NEARLY AS ADVENTUROUS AS YOUR STORY , BUT I`D SAY PROBABLY WHITE WATER RAFTING IT WAS A REAL RUSH

Anonymous said...

I actually can't think of one!!!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Looks like running away is mine too! I was younger though.
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/CelestesJournalJar/entries/446

Anonymous said...

nothing more adventurist then the family cookout i posted about in your journal lmao

Anonymous said...

The most adventuresome thing(s) I have done would have to be rock climbing in Arkanasas (no harnesses) we were stupid and more than likely liquored up, lol.  There was also this place called Chimney Rock that is like 85 feet obove the water that they have signs posted all on to not dive or jump but we did it all the time and there was one time in Ark. that we bungee jumped off a bridge without prior permission and or notifing anyone so all these cars are driving my freakin out thinking we are jumping to our deaths, lol.  A lot of fun.  That time we were almost caught by the police but managed to get everything and everyone together in just enough time.  All these things went on for about a year and a half before I was married and had kids, lol.  My sense of adventure bit the dust when I had a baby, lol.  I was too scared to try anything remotely dangerous as I didn't want to chance leaving this earth without my baby so now the most adventure I have is trying to navigate four kids through an extremely overcrowded Walmart, lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually I think that I'm just the opposite.  I kind of like to keep things calm and steady and about the most adventurous things that I have done have been related to travel like when I was looking for a job as a DJ and I had to go to radio stations outside my local area.  I kind of was more scared than anything else.

http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal

Anonymous said...

well this has been a rather adventurous year for me- but i better not go into that or i will get my ass kicked by a couple of guys- you both know who you are!! okay the most adventurous thing- this one is a tie for me- one fun and one not so fun, but both definitely adventurous. when i was 18, i spent a month in France- living with a family- i barely spoke french, but i had the time of my life and truly became their 4th daughter. as the days passed, the language grew easier for me and i became braver- venturing off in the French countryside by myself while the girls were at work. i would get on a small motorbike and visit nearby towns, churches and shops. i had the time of my life. secondly- when my daughter was 22 months old, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor- we had a bad feeling about the surgeon who was scheduled to do her surgery- so we threw some dirty clothes in bags and both sets of grandparents, my husband and i left and drove all night from our little town to memphis tenessee to st jude's- we slept in the hospital for the next three weeks while my 22 month old daughter recovered from brain surgery. we had many up and down moments, but met many kind people along the way. those that weren't so kind had to deal with this mother's wrath, but we were very blessed, because it is now 8 yrs later and she is healthy and sassy and everything i dreamed she would grow to be. i just know in my heart that the outcome would have not been as good had we stayed home and had surgery by the local dr- i have seen the outcome of his surgeries and it has not been good. life is never dull!!

Anonymous said...

You'll find my answer here:http://journals.aol.com/springsnymph/MyAnswerJartotheJournalJarsQuest/entries/387

Anonymous said...

oh boy .There is alot i have done(some good some bad )
which one to tell.
ok at 14 teen my mother had beat me severly I left home(no biggie did that before) a week later she almost found me I knew she would kill me if she caught up with me .there was 5 of us we did a bad thing and stoled a car .I wasnt there when they did but i knew it was stolen I did not care i wanted to get out of there .
we went th back way out of oregon and went to nevada ,from there we went to i think california not sure of the order to keep this short we went thru 5 states and made it to colorado .
we were taking turns driving and a 13 teen year od with us was driving in california and speeding .
a cop pulled up beside us and got on the p a to tell her to slow done .I though we had had it we were going to jail she looked 10.
he keept driving ,
Then in texas we tried to steal some buddies credit card for food ( we were getting desprate ) my friend got out and jumped in a old truck and grabed the credit card on the dash and jumped in to the car well the owner of the truck (who was spanish and very big)
saw this and of course came running bat in hand I was in th back where the hatch is and it had a full window ,all I saw was a bat coming tworeds the window.
It made a load bang!,but  never broke.
I thought aging my time had run out .
Then carma :::::::::::the card had expired years before lol (ok I didnt say we were perfessionals he he )
I finnally went home after my friends started getting relly stupid ,they talked about robbing a small bank I wanted nothing   to do with it ,even though they did have the key to get in to it and the planes to it .
I just wanted to leave my crappy home and be safe not ask fo more trouble.

Anonymous said...

Mine is in this link... It was very hard to just pick ONE!
http://journals.aol.com/nbladylions/AshleyMooney/entries/505

Anonymous said...

So many adventures so little I can tell you about.  But my first real adventure was backpacking Europe - with out a plan

Anonymous said...

I'm just not very adventuresome, I'm afraid.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/387