Saturday, May 14, 2005

Question 51 ~ Siblings

Did you get along with all your brothers and sisters?  Did you wish you had more of them or less?

 PreviewI got along very well with my sister.  We would fight sometimes, over silly things.  We had a few hair pulling contests, I have to say it made my head strong hehe.  It doesn't bother me to have my hair pulled.  Before we were teenagers, we were best friends .. then the terrible teens seemed to hit me pretty bad and I was only into parties and boys.  So we grew apart.  In the last 4-5 years though, we've gotten close again, and my sister has become my best friend. I had another sister that died when I was young... Who I never really got to know, and do not remember much about her.
Now for my brothers.  I have such a mixed up family.. Two of my brother's have the same father different mother and two have the same mother different father as me.  Other then the torture, which I've written about before, my brothers we all pretty good to me.  They were all a lot older then I was, so they moved out when I was young.  They were the kind of brothers that although they tortured me (and I know they loved me anyway) NO ONE could mess with me.  So even though they had me convinced I was adopted (as I don't look like anyone in my family, they are all dark haired/dark eyes..I'm blonde with green eyes) I know they love me.  After all I'm the baby of the family. 

I feel I had the right amount of siblings.  Even though there were times I wished to be an only child.  Which I got to be being the last to leave the house.  It was lonely.

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

Preview
Welcome to our newest members:
Bill aka guru4yall at  My Journey

and Crystalmitc17122


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

No.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I have 3 brothers and one sister. We were close as children, but as adults, we don't even know each other. sad huh?

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/pittsk615/PhoenixSymphony/entries/935
heres mine

~Kristina

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo behind on the questions!! finnaly I have said screw it and am just jumping in from here. : )

here is my answer for today's
http://journals.aol.com/hunybea4him/Hunybea4himsJournalJar/entries/367

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

i have two sisters who are not only my sisters, but dear dear friends. i really have very few friends outside of my family.  the friendships and family relationships that i do form are very close. i go for quality not quantity. we have stayed close even though we dont all live really close, thru phone calls, emails. i can count of them to be there for me whenever i need them. it seems like each one of us have pulled away from each other for whatever reason at some point- not a conflict between the 3 of us, but usually an outside problem- but we always seem to find our way back to each other. we are all together this weekend and it is a treat- our kids love each other and its just good to be together- its so comforting!!! i dont want more siblings or less- im happy with the two that i have- they mean so much to me!

Anonymous said...

i have a brother and 2 sisters.....we aren`t as close as we once were.......i`m the youngest by 10 years so i was always tagging along with them somewhere....as far as more or less siblings i feel like i got a pretty decent amount hehe!  

Anonymous said...

i got along great with my brother manuel i have other brothers who are half brothers and i dont care if i had them or not manuel was the one i really knew plus they are younger then me so i dont deal with them

Anonymous said...

I have four brothers and two sisters.  Two of my brothers I am very close too, they are all my half siblings as two of my brothers are from my mother's first marriage and the other two are from my dad's marriage along with my two sisters. I am an only child between my mom and dad. I am close with the two brothers (mom's kids) and one of my dad's sons committed suicide about three months before my dad died (he couldn't handle it) the other brother lives down the road and doesn't acknowledge me. His evil troll biatch oldest daughter, haven't seen her since I was 8 & she better hope I never do. The other sister checks in w/me once every 3 years or so, lol. They blame me for their parents not getting back together, never mind the fact they had been caput for 5 yrs before my mom came along. All of my siblings are anywhere from 5 yrs to 25 years older than me as I came late in my dad's life, lol and nope I wouldn't wish for more to save my freakin life as they are horrible with the exception of my 2 brothers.

Anonymous said...

My sisters are among my best friends.  Fortunately, we all still live close to each other and are able to visit often.  I have two, one who is close to my age, and one much younger.  My brother is the younger one's twin, and I am not as close to him, but I think that's a male/female thing.  

Tina

Welcome to my Journals
http://journals.aol.com/imperfectlyavg/ImperfectlyAverage/
http://journals.aol.com/imperfectlyavg/ThisisReallyMe/

Anonymous said...

I like this Question!
http://journals.aol.com/nbladylions/AshleyMooney/entries/508

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/sweetestdevil05/AshleysThoughts/entries/525

Here is my answer to this question and I am also new to this....

Thanks,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

anouther negitive answer sorry .
No I didnt get along with my brother .(the on i know for sure that is I think I have 4 more)
I had to raise him he has adhd and never got help.
he was a tyrant and bieng 13 month younger than me I had my hands full.
I did get the best of him but ussally it was on accident ,
he unfortunattly got the lies and decete form my mother and the sexuall abuse he put on his daughter from my dad.he got the drug habbit from both of them I think god evryday That I am nothing like any of them

Anonymous said...

Put the last few up.  
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Here's my answer:http://journals.aol.com/springsnymph/MyAnswerJartotheJournalJarsQuest/entries/392

Anonymous said...

Growing up a twin I always wished I could have my own birthday but fortunately for me that wish never came true.  My twin brother and I were best friends when we were really young, always tried to outdo the other as we got older, and now? I love him more than ever.  He is a fantastic person and I couldn't be prouder to call him my twin.  I was also lucky to have two older sisters. Growing up I know I got on both of their nerves (they never fail to remind me) but now they are my best friends.  I guess you could say I'm very lucky in the sibling department.

Anonymous said...

Oh my the stories I could tell but the one I clearly remember is ...

Anonymous said...

Here is my answer. And I promise, I'll be caught up soon. LOL

http://journals.aol.com/unicornsteph80/Welcometomylife/entries/384

Anonymous said...

I'm an only child. I've been a bit spoiled by mom, but I'm a nice girl.
Elisa

Anonymous said...

I get along with all six of them.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/392