Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Question 44 ~ Inventions

What is one invention you could not live without?

I've spent a long time thinking about this one, and I had a really hard time coming up with an answer to this.  I probably could live without most anything.  Would I want to .. no.  I would hate not to have coffee in the morning, so my coffee maker is important, yet I could live without it. I don't care much for walking with a bunch of groceries so my car is important to me, yet I could live without it.  I think I could live by candle light but I wouldn't want to.  I do everything on my computer.. yet when it crashed, I was lost.  However, since I am bipolar and have other health problems (yet I don't want to be a downer here)  medications would be my choice here... I would not be able to live without those inventions.  I thank God for those inventions as they have prolonged my life.

I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of you come up with as I'm sure I haven't thought of nearly anything.  I'll be saying to myself, Oh yes I couldn't live without that.

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! **

Preview
Many people have joined us here at the journal jar..
Carolyn aka Shelt28 at:
Carolyn's Journal Jar
Roseb44170 at: Rose's Journal
Loineyes4you at:  Drama, Dilemmas and Dreams...
bbjoey1 at:  BB's news
Newspirt at:  Sandra's Thoughts
Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
Great job to all of you who have caught up or nearly caught up, and thanks for the understanding of those who have waited.  I've enjoyed reading your entries.

I was wondering if any of you are having the same problem as I am reading the comments the color blends into the background when I click show all comments?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's a toughy....paper towels would be up there on my list, and of course television.   Oh hell, I'm such a creature of habit, take away one thing and you may as well throw me in jail, cuz I'll go postal!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I didn't have my computer, I wouldn't have gotten to know such wonderful people - LIKE YOURSELF!!!  

Indoor plumbing would be next on the list.

And there are a ton others but I'm limited on space!  

Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/CarolynsJournalJar/

Have a great day!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/pittsk615/PhoenixSymphony/entries/911

heres mine

~Kristina

Anonymous said...

Such a tough question today!!  I actually had to think!  LOL  Here's my answer!  ~Colleen

Anonymous said...

See my entry here: http://journals.aol.com/articwulf58368/BetterThanBefore/entries/886
Brandie

Anonymous said...

It's kind of sad when I think about it but its my computer!  It's how I make my living since I work at home.  I would never be able to reach as many people as I do now if I didn't have a computer.  When I think of the alternative it actually puts me in a depressed state of mind....


Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal

Anonymous said...

wow- this was a very interesting question. i too really rely on my meds- ive only been taking them for a few months, but i have felt "normal" for the first time in a long time and have the courage to face some tough days. then there is my camera- nothing fancy- but i really enjoy being the one behind the lens and capturing some of life's little moments- im not great at it, but i enjoy it very much- so the camera and the meds are a tie. also i want to say that i would LOVE to be part of that pbs tv show- i think it was called pioneer house- where you live just like the pioneers in the west for several months- with NO  modern conveniences of today- even if you wear glasses/contacts- which i do- they will give you an antique pair. i think it would be an amazing time- just think about all the great things you could discover about yourself- what you are really made of. no tv- just get back to the really simple pleasures in life. i also have a dream to someday be a participant in a living history museum- like early america- i think that would be a great vacation or part- time job when i retire someday. maybe just maybe i'll get my chance. there is a great living history museum in Dearborn Michigan called Greenfield village- look for me there someday!!! i'll be the one cooking over the fire in a little log cabin!!!

Anonymous said...

Here I`m thinking cd player, computer...stuff like that and then I read your entry on meds and duh....I have been taking blood thinners for 15 plus years so I definitely would have to say meds!  

Anonymous said...

Here is mine. I finally caught up!
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/CelestesJournalJar/entries/432

Anonymous said...

I can read the links because they are in red but the comments I can not see without highlighting them

Anonymous said...

Just so you know my answers to the journal jar can be found at my other journal that I listed in the comment section. The link for that journal is http://journals.aol.com/lioneyes4you/MyMochaTime. The Drama, Dilemmas and Dreams is my main journal.
Lioneyes4you

Anonymous said...

I'm back on Question No. 42 but I wanted to tell you that when I clicked on "view all comments", I couldn't read any of them.  They did blend in with the background.  What's going on here?

Anonymous said...

We could probably live without a lot of things...but...

Anonymous said...

well I know I could live with out all inventions.even though there are alot that make my life eiser.
but I did live with out them most of my child hood and that includs the roof over my head.
so I know I could survive.

Anonymous said...

microwave...lmao i luv food sorry!

Anonymous said...

    I could live without almost anything. I mean I love camping. Although I've done it for a few weeks at a time, I've always been able to walk or drive back to civilization. The only one thing that pops to mind immediately though, is my computer. I've crashed about four second hand computers in the past few years. Each time I've been devistated. Lost. Whatever. I mean even if I never have the internet, I have to write.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

My favorite inventions are in this link... TAKE A LOOK!
http://journals.aol.com/nbladylions/AshleyMooney/entries/488

Anonymous said...

My kids.

Anonymous said...

Here we go: http://journals.aol.com/springsnymph/MyAnswerJartotheJournalJarsQuest/entries/382

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/unicornsteph80/Welcometomylife/entries/362

Anonymous said...

There are so many things, but I'm with you, it's the miracle of science that have created medications allowing me to live a normal life free from Panic, anxiety, depression and the scariest of all suicidal thoughts...if you think you can pull yourself up by your boot straps, please read this, so you really understand that this really is a twist of our family gene history that we absolutely have no control over...

Anonymous said...

Don't want to do without any of them!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/383