Friday, July 22, 2005

Question 75 ~ Sing it loud!

Tell the words of a song from your childhood and describe any memories it holds for you.

When I first pulled this question out, I couldn't think of anything.  Then I remembered a song my mother used to sing to me.  One of the few loving moments of my childhood.  I couldn't really remember the words though or if it was a real song.  So of coarse I had to call my mother.  I asked her she said she couldn't remember it.  I wasn't sure if she couldn't remember singing any song or just the song.  I told her I remember something about "where are you going" She did remember singing this song to me, but couldn't remember what the song was or the words.
She eventually called me back and told it this story.
The song went something like
"Where are you going my little one.. pretty one.. Where have you been?"  She said she started singing that song to me before I could really talk and I would go la la la la after she paused (see I was already musically inclined :)  Then she said I eventually started singing the song with her.  I looked lyrics up and I can't find anything that went as she said... there is a song that has some of the words in it called "Turn around"  She said she sort of made the song up as she went along, so she probably put more then one song together.  It's a happy memory.. it gives me a warm feeling.  It also frustrates me because I can't remember the words..
Once again this journal jar has started another nice conversation with my mother, We don't have a lot of them lately.  So I cherish the ones we do.  We ended up talking for a long time about when I was little.  Then I remembered I had to ask her about the Grandparents working question.  So I'm off to add to that entry now, since I never did finish it.
Preview     Preview    Preview      Preview      Preview    

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us knowthat also! **

                             Preview
We have a couple new Journal jar members... YAY!!
Hope you guys find this entertaining, enlightening and fun! 
Welcome......
Kelly aka winonagal29 at: Hart and Soul
Brittany aka Cherrywish100 at: Brittany's Journal Jar
Tricia aka AJsProudParents at:
-*-Tricia's Journal Jar-*-

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what song your talking about but I cant remember the name
The only words I remember is turn around and your 3... turn around and your four.... turn around your a young girl walking out of the door ...something like that...hope that helps
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I love this question, and the song popped into my head the second I read it!  ~Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/cherrywish100/BJJ/entries/600

Anonymous said...

   Funny, I was thinking about this the other day. I can't carry a tune unless your talking about the notes printed and paper and me transporting the paper to another location. I mean I make so of those charecters on American Idol sound real good. When I was fourth grade, we were having a Christmas talent show of sorts. Every child in the room had something to offer. I wanted to sing so badly. Everyone in the room got up and sang or read a peom or something else. My teacher called on every child, but ignored me. I was in tears at the end of the day. After class, I stopped her and told her I wanted to sing Silent Night. She sat down, and drew me in front of her and told me to go ahead. I sang the first verse. Very carefully she told me that if I wanted to be in the show I had to learn all of the other verses. I told her I would, but had no idea where I'd find a copy of the music so I could learn it. She must have known me fairly well, because within no time I had forgotten all about it.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

You are going to love me...I know the song..."Turn Around" cause it is on my girls cd More Songs from Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins.  It is such a beautiful song...I will send you the lyrics...:o)

I will enter my entry later.  hehe!

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Anonymous said...

"Hey Good Lookin',
What'cha got cookin'?
How's about cookin' something up with me?"

That's from Hank Williams.  My Mamaw used to have me sing it with her and tease me that we were going to "go on the road" with "our show".  

Now that she is flying solo, "I'm so lonesome I could cry". :(

Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

this is sad . but yea kiss detroit rock city
I can do the words , but The album was really cool at about five we had this stero systme that had lights in the speakers and it went with the beat of the base, and they were red and blue and yellow.
between that and the dr. hook album thouse were the 2 I listend to .

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/684

Here's mine!  I'm almost caught up!  Yeah!  I have like 8 left!  ;-)
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

I'm still remembering more songs!

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/321

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am back with a finish entry!!  :o)

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was very young, me, my sister, and one of my brothers used to do the strangest thing whenever my mother listened to her records during the day. I only recall bits and pieces of the actual lyrics "walkin' after midnight out in the moonlight". "a white sport coat and a pink carnation...I'm in a blue, blue, mood", "out in the west Texas town of El Paso I fell in love with a mexican girl", and something about a man named Liberty Valance. Anyway for some reason all three of us would march around in circles in our living room with me in the lead, just kind of zoning out and listening to the music. I have no idea why but since I remember being the leader and I'm the oldest I suppose it was probably my idea.

Anonymous said...

I tried and I couldn't remember the words, but it's funny none the less, thanks for bringing back a good memory

Anonymous said...

Oscar Meyer Tribute!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/428
Lori