Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Question 68

Do you like to go to the symphony, the opera, the theater?  What have you seen and enjoyed the most as far as productions go?

Well, I have never been to the opera (never will go either)  or the symphony ... although I'm more open to that.  I've seen a couple plays.  I enjoyed all I attended.  In all honesty I really enjoy my niece's high school plays the best.  Maybe because they are budding actors/actresses.  I love to watch her perform.  She's talented already.  She amazes me.  So although those aren't big productions.  They are the ones I like the best.
Now if we talk  concerts I'm all over that!

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

We have a few new people and I'll post a welcome and links later. 

Hope you all had a happy fourth!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first musical was The Fantastiks in 1978 w/ David Carradine...My FAVORITE to date however was when STOMP came to my city.  What a thrill!  If you haven't experienced it you should.              C.
http://journals.aol.com/gdirneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

i never been to any thing like that but movie theater.

Anonymous said...

Here's my answer!  ~Colleen :)  

Anonymous said...

    I went to the opera once in high school. It was an interesting experience. The story was told in English in the handbill, so even though it was sang in another language we were able to follow along. It's not something that I would make a point of doing again. On the other hand, I love classical music and have had a few small experiences with the Chicago Symphonie Orchestra. Usually they were small groups that played at different occasions. This was not often, and something that I would love to pursue. I love plays. I love movies, but plays are better. Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to see as much of them either. Saw Evita when it first came to Chicago, and a number of older plays. Grease was here not that long ago. My daughter has the movie and a number of CD's, so she couldn't wait until we went. We enjoyed it.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I love all three and have attended performances of all three. I love music and theatre. Although I Love, Love, Love Classical music. My favorite is still in going to the theatre. I did some acting in small productions. My favorite character that I played was "The artful doger" from the production OLIVER.

Anonymous said...

Only the theater, symphony doesn't interest me and haven't been to the opera only because I've never thought about it.

Anonymous said...

Post is up!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to the opera or a musical.  But I've been to the symphony, seen dozens of plays.  A lot of Shakespeare.  And when I lived in MA we went to the Boston Ballet at least once a year.  And not just to see the Nutcracker, although we did see that.  I would go to more events but we are too broke to afford it. Traci

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/ncarolinasangel/MyThoughtsandFeelings/entries/615

Anonymous said...

well this is not one I do .

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a sypmphone or an opera. I would like to attend  both, one day.
I did go see the Glass Menagerie the other day on Broadway. With Christian Slater..yum yum. Josh Lucas...yum yum and Jessica Lange.
Elisa

Anonymous said...

here it is:
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/650
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/418