Thursday, July 7, 2005

Question 69

Did you have a bicycle and what was it like?   Tell about riding it.  Where did you go?

Preview I loved my bike, I got a new one when I was 8 maybe 9. I don't remember much about what it actually looked like.  Other then it was new.  Not one my sister had had.  I loved riding .. I would just go for hours.  Wind in my hair, freedom.
I don't even remember what happened to that one.  But when I was in jr. high school I had gotten another new one .. woohoo a ten speed.  I remember the day we went to buy it. I was not the best teenager.  Partied, hung with people I wasn't supposed to, so it really surprised me when my mom said they were buying me a new bike.  Funny how this one memory stands out in my mind.  We were at the store looking at the bikes when my mom discovered the hickey I had been hiding for days.  She yells in the store, loud enough for everyone to hear.  "What is that on your neck"  I was so embarrassed.  They did buy me the bike .. which of coarse meant I could go hang out with Hickey boy... but it meant more then just that to me.. It meant once again I was free.  I could once again go for long rides, just to feel the wind.


** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, here's my sad tale about my bike!  ~Colleen  :)  

Anonymous said...

I got my first bike when I was 5.  I didn't learn to ride it until I was 10.  I was a big chicken.  Once I did learn look out.  I couldn't get over the feeling of freedom.  I was 12 when my parents were pressured into buying me a 10 speed.  My best friend was given one for Christmas and I had to have one.  We ended up having the same exact one.  I imagine because they were the cheapest.
I rode everywhere.  Once when I had a crush on a guy in 7th grade, I would ride past his house every day after school.  The guy lived like half an hour away.  Miles and miles.  I was in great shape!  

Anonymous said...

i had a bunch of bikes as i grew so did the bikes by age 8  i started gettin dizzy spell when ever i rode my bike and i would fall off the groud looked like it was spinning i bust my head a few times and my bike riding days slowed up because i feared i'd kill myself.

Anonymous said...

Have Courage...and read about my bike:)
Peace and Love,
Charley

Anonymous said...

My only form of transportation for years.  My funniest  memory is ...

Anonymous said...

No, I don't have one now but your question did bring back memories about when I was a kid and we went to Pep Boys to buy bikes for the family.  Then we went to the park to practice.  I was getting good at it until I had to face any kind of slope or uneven ground.

I haven't rode one since.

Was thinking about getting a motorcycle though (-:

Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal

Anonymous said...

My first one was when I was about 7 I think!It was a huffy not a little girls bike either .lol
I did so much with that bike had a blast .

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/ncarolinasangel/MyThoughtsandFeelings/entries/616

Anonymous said...

    I got my one and only bike for my sixth birthday. It was a 24 incher. It was huge. I didn't know how to ride it then, and had to be shown how. That took most of that summer. I spent the next five or six, like you said, free and with the wind in my hair. When I was 8 I was hit by a UPS truck while riding it. My Mom restricted its use for a while. But then she asked the neighbor to fix it, and I was off again. I lost it when I was 12. I brought it to the local gas station and asked if they would fix a flat. They guys there were all from the neighborhood, and did it for free for all the kids. They told me to leave it and someone would get to it. I went back several times but no one had done anything. The last time I went back, it was gone. I was broken hearted, but not for long. My attention was diverted in another direction very soon after.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I put up my responses for the last two...
~Nicole  :)

Anonymous said...

Here it is:
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/651
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

I love riding my bike!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/421
Lori