Monday, April 11, 2005

Question 32 ~ wow 32 already!

What is your favorite animal and why?

This is sort of a tough question to answer because I love all animals.  If I could I would have a zoo again here in my apartment (I did when I lived in my house.. we had cats, dogs, bunnies, snakes, mice that I had grown too attached too to feed to the snakes, even birds that would get hurt outside we'd take them in and nurse them back to health)  So just picking one.  I guess I would pick cats, although I love dogs equally (even though some people say you are either a cat person or a dog person, something I do NOT believe)  but I can only have my cat and I'm pretty fond of him!!  I am actually teaching him to do tricks, which is odd for any cat I've ever had.  He can sit on command and roll over.  I'm trying to get him to do a somersault which he did once out of the blue, got such a reaction from me he did it again, but never since. Maybe one day you'll see us on that "stupid pet tricks" show :) My favorite mystical animal (lol had to throw this in) is the Unicorn.  I have so many glass unicorns, pictures of unicorns, even a tattoo of a unicorn.  When I was about 7 I played  unicorn in this dorky play my sister and I put on for friends and family.. it was in our pool and I had a paper "horn" that got all wet and fell off my head.  It was so dumb, but funny now. Well, I'm rattling my mind isn't really focused today.  So there's my answer.  Cats, Dogs and of coarse Unicorns :)

a picture of my cat, Makeveli ... of coarse watching TV :)

Yay! Danielle has joined the journal jar.. So glad she finally did! check her out at: Danielle's Journal Jar
and also welcome to AsmalltownAngel (no link yet).  Hope you enjoy the jar.
Someone emailed me joining the jar, somehow in the mess of things I cannot find the email (hope it wasn't a dream lol) If you emailed me drop a link here or email me again. I'm a little distracted these days.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat, cat, cat, cat, CAT!!!!  Why?  Easy to house, cuddly, cute, furry, each one has its own distinct personality that I don't see in dogs.  Love my furbabies!!!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Love the picture.
I started a journal jar.
Celeste

Anonymous said...

I suppose I`d have to go with the old staple, man`s best friend....dogs. We have a golden retreiver.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Cute cat!
I have been participating, but never saw my link up. Have a great day. God bless, Beckie
http://journals.aol.com/beckieramos/BeckiesBrightBeginnings

Anonymous said...

Thatis a tuff tuff question. I love cats and dogs.
I love all animals. When I was a kid, I babysitted a tamed Racoon for 2 weeks when my dads boss went on vacation.
The stories I could tell you about that.
But I guess if I had to pick a favorite one it would be the dog.
I love little puppys.
We have a cockerspaniel that is 15 years old, he recently busted his hip.
The vet says he only has a month or two left.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I did mine! http://journals.aol.com/beckieramos/BeckiesBrightBeginnings

Anonymous said...

I'm new at this too and am trying to get the hang of it.

I anwered today's question and posted it to my AOL Journal at:
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal.

I also put a link to your journal from my own so now I guess I have to work on figuring out a way to link betwixt the two.

Anonymous said...

hands down- its dogs. not the little ones- but the big dogs the ones that nearly knock you down as they get your attention. i have a 3 yr old golden who brings me great joy even if she is horribly behaved. i have no clue how to train her and she is spoiled. one look in those eyes and she melts me. she gives hugs- honest to god - when she sees me she stands on her hind legs and rests her head on my chest. she will also wink back if i wink at her first. talk about unconditional love!!!

Anonymous said...

ive got tosay the wolf.
they are terrotorial and also like there space.
there very loving parents but put up with nothing!
I have a mix and I love him!

Anonymous said...

Was you looking for the link to my journal? Sorry for the confusing, lol.

Wow, I cant believe your cat can do tricks, that is great! :o)

Angela

Anonymous said...

Your Makeveli looks like my John Jacob Jinglehiemer Schmidt. And yes, I'm a cat person first, although I doubt I could turn my back on any dog that needed me. I have 4 cats, a dog, and a guinea pig. If I had to chose a wild animal, I'd say any big cat. They are independent, sleek, graceful, beautiful. I think I prefer cats to dogs just because I haven't met a cat that needs me as badly as any dog I've owned. They take life on their terms, not mine. I respect that.

Jude

Anonymous said...

I really love all animals. I have had dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, a rat, a ferret, fish, turtles, a rabbit, and iguanas. Currently I have a dog and a cat. And I totally agree that you don't have to be either a dog person or a cat person -- you can love both! The thing I like most about dogs is that they truly love you unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

Big time animal lover here...I think you either love them all or you don't. If I had to pick a favorite I think it would have to be dogs. Unlike other animals...I think you can really develop a relationship with them...like cats...but kinda hard with say a chicken? I dunno...I could be wrong. 100% dog lover here! Robin

Anonymous said...

My cat can fetch!  I teach Michael tricks also. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I too equally love cats and dogs, have had some of the greatest of each.  Right now I long for a shih tzu puppy but they are so expensive, I can't justify it.  This is another one of those my mom sucks deals.  When I was 12 a friend of hers brought me the most adorable little puppy you ever saw (Shih Tzu of course).  I named her Gizmo (big gremlins fan then, lol) and loved that little creature like crazy.  I almost had her fully trained when one day I came home from school and my mother had gotten rid of her, gave her to another friend who "really loves those kind of dogs and begged and begged for my Gizmo and besides I really don't like dogs that much" (mom said the last part of course).  What she didn't mention was the fact that another friend of hers was giving HER  a cocker spaniel and there was no way there was going to be two dogs in her sparkling house.  I know, I know what kind of monster is she? lol.  Sometimes she's great and other times I wonder why God didn't just make me a rock or another inanimate object, lol.  That was traumatic and that is more than likely why I have this obsession with them and would do anything to have another one just like Gizmo but until I can find the extra cashola I cannot spend that kind of money, lol.

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/unicornsteph80/Welcometomylife/entries/352

Anonymous said...

I love animals but my life and living arrangement allows only for...

Anonymous said...

Cats!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/365

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/danielled1/DaniellesJournalJar/entries/657

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

wow...i'm catching up...slowly
http://journals.aol.com/neemom1977/MyJournalJar/entries/1324

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/devilletteinme/the-devilettes-journal-jar/entries/2006/11/23/monkeys/558