Tuesday, December 26, 2006

109 ~ Marriage AGAIN!

(I found the question while crawling under the desk for the 100th time to retrieve a cat toy and like magic there it was!)

What were your fears, expectations and anticipations about getting married?
     (if you are not married or have never been I'll ask a "off the top of my head" question at the end)

Marriage.  Hmmm I've been married more then once.  But I usually just answer for the first one.  I was very young when we got married (and I was pregnant) My fears were that he wasn't really who I should marry, that we were just getting married because I was pregnant (although we were engaged before I found out I was pregnant).  Expectations naturally were that we would stay together forever (didn't happen) that we would always love each other.. I believe we do.  That we would live like story book married people (didn't happen) that we BOTH meant our vows. Anticipations, well the whole planning of the wedding lead to my anticipation of the wedding itself... it was a beautiful wedding despite my mother (she planned almost all of it) lol.  As far as the marriage itself I don't think I had any, we lived together for awhile before we got married.  I thought life would just stay as is only we would be together forever.
         Preview

The other question... for not/never been married people:  Is there anything you got for Christmas that you'd love to take back but you can't as you will hurt the person who gave it to you?  (if anyone wants to answer both that's good too)

This is easy for me to answer NOPE lol. 

      PreviewPreview

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no longer married and will never do it again.  LOL  For the second one.. no I love everything I got!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I was 24 before I married.  I lived in my parents house right up until my wedding night.  I remember worrying that I might snore, and have bad breath in the morning.  And what if Dickidoo didn't like my cooking (I already knew he loved my mom's cooking, but my cooking was really bad!)  I guess I worried for nothing cos here we are, going on 23 years.

Anonymous said...

My fears, I was leaving home, my comfort zone, My expectations, of course a fairytale marriage, Not happening. Anticipations: It can only get better from here.
Would I do it again....YES
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

I answered this one....
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco