Monday, April 23, 2007

Question 125 - In laws

How did you first meet your in laws?

At first I was going to just say I'm no longer married ... but I thought about the first time I met my first husband's family.  I was very young when I got married ... seems a long long time ago. They had invited me over for a picnic and they had BBQ ribs and corn on the cob. I don't know about you... but I don't like eating messy foods in front of people let alone the first time I meet someone.  Maybe it was a test lol.  Yes I had BBQ sauce on my face and in my hair.  I was a mess.  I laughed at myself and we all laughed ... turned out the loved me. 

 

If you're not married you can tell about how you met your S.O's family...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I was in college and I went over their house for dinner.  It was a longgggg time ago...

Anonymous said...

Karen,
no corn in your teeth or bbq sauce on your face? lol that is the only reason I actually answered the question... :)

Anonymous said...

I met my MIL for the first time when we went out to dinner.  My husbands ex wife and kids still live with her, since she is from another country.  It was nerve wracking.  I met my FIL on my first date with my husband.  After spending the whole day together, we didn't want it to end, so we went and got his Dad and went to the local speedway for a night at the races.  We got along from the first time we met.  My MIL and I didn't start getting close until I was able to start going over to her house, AFTER my husband's ex and I became friends.

~Jenn~
http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

I actually knew my MIL & FIL as a child, then they moved away. I reconnected with my husband when I was 20 and we were married the next year. They were both wonderful people. My son is an only child, so they both kinda just took me as their daughter. I don't think they ever even introduced me as their DIL..

I was very lucky.

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

Yours is CLASSIC!!! I think everyone meeting their inlaws for the first time is memoriable (well unless you have one of those "I always knew them") but yours is just great! LOL

Anonymous said...

I posted it...
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco