Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Question 123 ~ Food

What are your food preferences and how did they come about?

Well I don't have many food preferences... when money is tight you buy what you can.  My "comfort" food is mashed potatoes... I don't know why.  It's just soothing.

Now for preferences one of them is Pizza (home made are the best). It used to be a tradition (mine) to make them on Christmas eve.  But when I was living at home my brothers would make them at least every other weekend.. it was one of the few times we could eat in the living room.  My oldest brother took cooking in school so that was his specialty.  I think that's where that came from.

                   

My other "Preference" or I should say something I just love is lobster... now I hardly have that anymore.  That too came from when I was a child. My mom would cook up lobster tails on one Saturday night a month and we'd get little cups of butter and once again we could eat in the living room and watch movies.  I remember it was always such a big deal to eat in the living room.  Didn't matter if it was pizza night, lobster night or popcorn... eating in the living room, heck even drinking in there was forbidden.  I have to say I hate those Red Lobster commercials when it's "Lobster fest" makes me crave it.  I had a boyfriend once that used to bring me out for lobster often... I don't think I've had it since then.

                                        

 

So that's the story of my food... what's your's?
You can leave it in the comment section or in your own journals make sure you link back so we all can see. 

To everyone who has stuck around and kept going with me on this, even when it was on and off and no one really knew when I'd post the next question!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly love mexican food and can eat it everyday....I love grilled burgers with corn on the cob.

I hate seafood due to eating bad fish when I was younger and believe me my poor Aunt still heres about it 20 something years later (its all her fault lol)

But when money is tight-ramen noodles...

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

I posted it....
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

Anonymous said...

I just absolutely LOVE seafood!  I don't know where this preference came from but I like the images of beaches and laxy Sunday afternoons at the beach.

My most favorite is crabs - simply that.

I have also come to love scallops - but they are quite expensive.

My favorite seafood meal is crabs and french fries.

I'm curious about clam chowder - though I have never had it.  I also don't like oysters and mussles.

LOVE LOBSTER though!

Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal/