Monday, April 16, 2007

Question 122 ~ Sounds of childhood

Describe a "sound" from your childhood. What was it? When did you hear it? What does it bring to mind?

At first I couldn't think of any... I think I was over thinking this question. So I stopped thinking and sat here pretty much mindless... read a few journals and came back.  Car engines revving up.  That's the sound... When I hear it some evenings now I think of my childhood... I think of the smell of our garage or back yard and the noise (sometimes cuss words lol) My brother's working on cars.  They were always working on their cars or their friend's cars.  Sometimes I would go out and watch ... hand them tools.. always asking questions.  Until they got annoyed with me.  You'd think I'd know a little something about cars from that.. but I don't.

So every time I hear someone revving up their car I think of my brothers and their greasy group of friends. And I mean that in a good way.

What's your childhood "sound"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sound of water hitting a beach...reminds me of going to the summer cottage with my grandparents and falling asleep to the lull of it...great times spent there...When I have trouble sleeping that is usually what I try to remember to get me sleeping..

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

I posted mine....
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco