Friday, April 20, 2007

Question 124 ~ Vacations

(Sorry I missed the last few days, been a little under the weather and spent a lot of time in bed... then there was the big bad Dr appointment lol)

Where do you like to go on vacation? why?

Well I love going up to the North Shore (Duluth) Those of you who have never been to MN or even heard of the North Shore... it's beautiful when the fall colors start to change.  That's sort of a mini vacation though.  I don't get many "real" vacations anymore. Although we are planning one for this summer, yep I real vacation to Florida... I won't have to pay for it so that's the extra extra bonus!. And I really want to swim with the dolphins (that is on my "before I die list") be nice to cross one thing off lmao!

But I guess my favorite place to go is either to a hotel (anywhere out of town) and just enjoy reading, relaxing, the pool, no cooking or cleaning... although I always tidy up the room and the people that are with me say "that's what the housekeepers are for" but I'll always be me.

 

 Or I like to go camping. See one extreme to the next. No phone, no luxuries of home.. just roughing it. Cooking over an open fire.. bathing in the lake or river... no make up .. caring what my hair looks like.. just having fun. At night sitting around the fire and just talking....  Those really are my best "vacations". 

If you wanna write about where you like to go on vacation you can do it in the comments or in your own journals (but please link back) or yes you can email me the answers although it's more fun for everyone to read. Also if you're just starting let me know

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to go anywhere there's an ocean.  I just love the beach and the atmosphere and the lazy life.

Hope you're doing ok...sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.  Take care.

Anonymous said...

The first time I went to Ocean City NJ I fell in love with the place.  It was much less congested than Atlantic City and I'm always mesmerized by the ocean!  That's about the only place that I have really been to.

I would love to go visit Hawaii and another place that I would love to go is Ireland - something about all that green just gets to me.  I'm curious about the moors in the UK you know mysterious tales and all - those are a few of the places where I would like to take a vacation.

Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal/

Anonymous said...

I posted this one too....
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco