Monday, February 11, 2008

Question134

Tell about a hunting or fishing experience.

Well I once went duck hunting with my ex. He wouldn't stop bugging me to go.  It was too early in the morning .. too cold for me.. and in all honestly I couldn't imagine shooting a poor duck.  So I talked a lot. He was really bothered by that and never bugged me to go with him again.

 

I went fishing a lot in the summer with my dad and brothers.  A few times with mom and dad.  And once with me and the kids (no fish that day lots of hectic stuff though) I loved fishing as a kid and an adult. Just not so much as a teen.  Once my dad and I bet who could catch the most fish.  I can't remember what we bet I know I was to wash his car if I lost.. I think he had to clean my room.  We went out early (why do fishers and hunters have to go so early!) lol but it began to get warmer and nicer out and the fish began to bite.  I caught my limit and he had only caught one. It was funny because he said "they are all on that side of the boat" I said "Oh do you want to switch sides?" so we did... I still caught them and he was hardly getting even a nibble. That was the one and only day I showed up my dad. 

One time he took me ice fishing .. on this rather large lake. I was pregnant at the time.. HUGE pregnant and I was so afraid my weight would send me right through the ice.  He kept telling me it's safe.. I remember him saying "we could put a refrigerator out here and it wouldn't go through and you're not as heavy as that" but the lake had a lot of waves and would make cracking sounds.. every time it did that I freaked.  I don't even know if we caught many fish but I know I was freaked out the whole time.  That was my first time ice fishing with him.. but not my last.

              

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Went fishing with my uncle and i kept catching the same damn sunny! My uncle was laughing at the fact that i kept catching small fish but he told me it wasnt the same one until i told him to hurry up and come over we watch a sunny come get snagged, i threw him back but not to far still in shallow water so my uncle could see him and damn if he didnt turn around and get snagged again!! He ate all my bait!

Anonymous said...

never did either one! Sorry can't answer this one!

~~~Make it a Great Day~~~
            Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Posted...