Monday, February 4, 2008

Question 131

Where is a favorite family spot to visit?

Well this question I wasn't sure if it meant my family (mom and dad etc) or my now family. So I guess I can go either way... or both

Growing up we always rented a cabin or pitched a tent at our favorite lake up north.  We'd stay for a week or two... sometimes we'd go for a weekend here and that.

Me and my kids love Como zoo.  It's open year round.. even though most of the animals aren't out during the cold months and when they are inside it's hard to see.  We still love to go there.  There is a bigger zoo with more animals.. more shows etc.  But I still prefer the smaller zoo.  After so many trips there I feel we've gotten to know our favorite animals.  Like the polar bear.. he swims in a huge circle half under water half out... he goes right up to the glass where you can actually sit and watch and he pushes his big ol' paws off the window.  I know it's actually not health .. that he does that because he's in such a small place and not out in the wild.. but I figure he's been there so long .. would he even know what to do in the wild anymore.

Me and the kids used to spend many hours at the library they actually were very well behaved there and knew they had to use their inside voices.  They enjoy books as much as mom.  We'd get "lost" there at the library. :)

Those are the two favorite spots for us to go.  And I threw the childhood one in for good measures.

 

             
Now it's your turn and you all should know how this works.. you can answer in the comment section here or your own journal but be sure to leave a link so we can all read your answer. Also if this is your first time here let me know I love to welcome the new people.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Kelli and I am the noonmom. This is my first time visiting and I am going to answer this question in my journal today! LOL
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Hello I followed a link in I'm a Survivor. I will be participating. I already did my entry for today.
Rhianna

Anonymous said...

my answer is here: http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/entries/2008/02/06/journal-jar-questiion-and-my-answer/3183


~~~Make it a Great Day~~~
Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

I posted it  :)

Anonymous said...

I posted it  :)

Anonymous said...

As a child my family spent all our vacations in Virginia at my Grandparents home. I loved it, they had this huge wrap around porch, gliders on the porch, close to the Cheaspeake Bay inlet we could walk there. Virginia Beach was just a short jog away...they also had this old carney type Coney Island style knockoff called Oceanview Park. OMG I loved that place. A few years ago I woke up to seeing a movie that showed them blowing up my childhood...they tried to dynamite the old wooden roller coaster. Well, it showed them! The old builder had imbedded steel plating inside the wooden ties for additional support...no one knew. It withstood four charges and did not fall down. They had to go back and redo everything that sucker was not coming down...finally the rats succeeded and there went my memories.....take care, be well....love, Sandi