Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Question 135

What was the first piece of furniture you bought? Was there a story behind it?

Well geez I think the first thing my husband (now ex) bought was a dinning room set.  He had a tiny one that was wobbly and had one two chairs one that didn't have a back on it.  It was awful.  Naturally he being a guy didn't care (opps I should say being the kind of guy he was.. as I'm sure some guys care about furniture) but he was completely happy eating in the living room.  I should add when I moved in there he had a motor cycle engine on the coffee table so you really couldn't eat on that either.


I fixed that place up and insisted we go buy a new table and chairs. So off we went to this used funniture store.. me dragging him. He was horrible to shop with. I'd say "do you like this one" he'd say "sure"  I'd say "should we get this one" he'd say "sure" I finally said "do you have an opinion on any of these?" he said "not really" So I ended up getting one I wanted but later the man complained about it. It was a glass top and he said he didn't have a clue why I would pick a glass top.  I was a clean freak and constantly had the Windex in my hand to clean that table.  LOL.  Yeah glass wasn't the way to go but it was pretty. He had poker night on that table .. there I was as soon as everyone left with my bottle of Windex...  Eventually we sold that one at a garage sale and bought one I didn't have to stand over and clean all the time.

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entrybelow so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i live in my moms house i never brought furniture yet.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing my entry right now.
Rhianna