Monday, November 27, 2006

Question 105 ~ Birthdays

Do you remember a special birthday party you've had, given or been to?  Describe it along with the people, food, games:

(haven't we had this one before? I put the slips into an envelope when I've done them but this seems like a question we've answered oh well)
                             Preview         

I have had and given so many birthday parties so it was hard to pick which to write about... But I thought I'd write about the one that first came to mind. 

My mother's SURPRISE party.  I thought I would give her a big surprise party as she tends to always feel left out on her birthday.  "ungrateful kids" lol.  Anyway, this was a while ago when my oldest brother was still alive. 

I invited my mom over for a birthday dinner... just me and my parents (wink wink) I did tell my dad about it as they tend to show up early for things so I had to fill him in to stall her.  I said be there at 2pm.  I told the people that were invited to come by 1 so we can set up and hide etc. 
                                                           Preview                              

I lived in the upper part of a duplex and most everyone always parked in the front on the street. I to take the alley and park in the back.  The guy that lived down stairs even cleared out his cars so that there was plenty of room.

Well, first my oldest brother pulls up about 1:30 IN THE FRONT.. as they were dropping off a chair for me ... but then I look out and there is my mom and dad!  NO ONE was there yet.  Outside I see my mom hug my brother and sister-in-law.  I was thinking please make it seem like it was a coincidence they were there.  Nope my sister-in-law says "surprise" ... bless my mom's heart but she didn't really get it.  In the mean time a few people arrived in the back like they were supposed to.  In comes my mom and dad... a few of us say surprise... which was pointless as we were all just standing there looking stupid.  (I later found out it was my father that was antsy to get going and HE was the reason they showed up early)  My sister (love ya sis!) came at 3pm.  The rest staggered in somewhere between 1:30 and 2:30.  It ended up to be an okay party we had lots of food, cake and fun and drinks... no games (the surprise really was on me)
                                                                Preview

So the next time I threw my mom a surprise party which was two years ago, I didn't tell my dad!!! And it WAS a surprise! 

                                  Preview

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 30th, lol.  I had been expecting a "surprise" party but the surprise was that I didn't have to attend one, the husband and kids had everything here set up and they gave me the full day for myself.  I hit the tanning bed, got my hair and nails done, it was a great birthday.  

Anonymous said...

I posted mine  
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco