Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Question 101

What color was your house as a child? Your Bedroom? Describe your room.

Love this one.  We moved around so much when I was a kid I can't say what color my house was as there were too many of them.  We moved at least once a year and one year we moved twice.  And then there is the whole "lost years" where I can't remember much of anything.  I've accepted that but some of these questions make me wonder WHY can't I even remember a color of a house.

We did stay at one place for a few years but I'm stump about the color, I think it was either white or gray.  My room was always white, until my mom married my step dad and they bought the house they now live in, I was 13 at the time and we painted it (much to my mother's disliking) a dark blue.  They can't paint over it they say it's too dark!  So to this day it's about the same color. They have repainted it but still blue and still dark. 

My room was always a mess.. when I shared a room with my sister she hated it.  I wasn't a pig like F is now, but I did leave clothes on the floor.. toys all over the place. When I had my own room, at first I was neat... after all I wanted to show my mom it was my sister who was the messy one lol.  But my social life got in the way of the room cleaning and there was the mess again.  No toys this time, but books, clothing, music, makeup.  Girl stuff all over.  Once in a great while my mother would make me clean it... other then that it was SHUT YOUR DOOR! lol.  Now I'm a total clean freak.  Maybe there IS hope for F yet!

Well since I'm just coming back if you want to "join" and answer too you can either answer in the comment section or in your own journal.. if you answer in your own journal please leave a link so everyone can see your answer.  If you are new to the Journal jar please let me know that too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a yellow bedroom, shared with my sisters, hated it really, never any privacy, but lots of giggles too!
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

When I was a child, I suspected my parents were blind. The color of our house was a Shahra-sand colored brick, and my room had a busy grey patterned wallpaper with a hideous peppered shag carpet, which, had they allowed me to have the dogs I wanted, would have hidden the dog puke very well.

The room was the size of a typical office cubicle with a twin sized rustic bed which my feet hung off due to my 6'2 1/2" frame. My desk and dresser were rustic as well with a black slate top that was too rough to write on without a thick mat.

Burdened with making the space liveable, I hung a color by numbers painting that my sister had done of an old scupper, a collection of plastic baseball helmets I brought home one by one from the stadium, some of my sports trophies, a cheap carving of an eagle with "e pluribus unum" beneath it that drove me insane when I took Latin and found that it should be "ex" not "e" despite what we see on a dollar bill.

My little pice of rebellion and show of manhood was a poster of a very buxom young lady in a skimpy referee outfit advertising Colt45 which I wouldn't drink if it was the last beer on the planet.

But I was right next to the kitchen and mom's cooking always made my room smell wonderful and there were a lot of hugs and kisses exchanged in that room. Funny how that room that so little money was spent on was so much warmer than the rooms in the big ol' house I live in now.

Fred

Anonymous said...

When I was a child (2 to 22) I grew up in a refinished attic, both my brother & I had our own room with the hallway that lead upstairs between us.  My room was a "Notty Pine" wood. Everyone always loved it, especially my friends. The carpet was purple and the ceilings obviously went inward because it was the shape of the shape of the roof (ie attic), I had one windo. I liked my room for the most part but always wished I could paint it. Looking back, I was really lucky.
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

We lived in a red-brick house.  I shared a room with my sister and it was painted pink...a hot pink.  Our beds were separated by a night table and we each had a dresser...mine was bigger...I remember that.  We shared a closet as well...my stuff was on the left and my sister's stuff was on the right.  I don't remember what was on the walls.  I remember I was a bit of a mess.  I would pile my clothes on the floor beside my bed because my bed was further from the door and my mess wasn't visible so I got away with it.  

The really neat thing is that my parents still have my bedroom furniture from when were growing up in their house...When we go to visit them...I can see it all again and this past summer I even slept in my old bed and my daughter slept in my sister's bed beside me.  

Anonymous said...

We lived in a stone rowhouse in North Philadelphia.  I was the only girl and I was the "baby" and I remember my bedroom as being kind of big.  In fact my mother told me that I had the biggest bed in the house - even when I was smaller than the adults.  I had a princess phone (I'm aging myself) and a stereo and it was the front bedroom on the 2nd floor - I was spoiled so!


Rose
http://journals.aol.com/roseb44170/RosesJournal

Anonymous said...

Well my mother was a fanatic that everything had to be white and pristine so I had the obligatory pink canopy bed with the matching "white dresser, desk/hutch and nightstand" then when I hit the teen years much to her dismay I hung things all over my walls, posters, letters from friends, cheerleading crap, you name it I had it hanging up there and then after that phase I went into a "mask" phase where I had several different Mardi Gras masks, beautiful ones with feathers and everything, last count I had over 100 and when I left home my mother kept my collection because well I was "over" that too and she now has 250 masks, lol.  It's very creepy at night to say the least, I always feel like "someone's watching me" (yes I'm singing the song now) lol.  

Anonymous said...

I grew up in military housing so my houses were always white and brick inside and out.  When we moved to Hawaii it was more of the same.  My room was wall to wall Tiger Beat posters.  My sister covered the walls with the Osmond Brothers, Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy.  I had 3 posters on the wall, Alice Cooper, John Denver and John Wayne.  We didn't have carpeting, so we covered the floor with clothes instead.

Anonymous said...

I put mine up...
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco