Thursday, September 15, 2005

Question 92 ~ Wash day?

Tell about a frustrating experience you have had on wash day with the washing machine, clothes, people,  etc and tell about the outcome.
                                Preview

Wash day?  Is there such a thing as a wash day?  I wash everyday.  Okay this question just seemed strange to me at first.  But then I sort of changed the words in my head and it was simple. 

So a few years back I had been looking for my pink sock.  Now I'm a nutcase almost everyone knows this, but my socks need to match my outfit or at lest tie in to it somewhat. No, just wearing white socks all the time didn't cut it. Worse then this my hair ties HAD to match my socks... we won't go into this...I have since settled down.  I could not find that pink sock.  I had other pink socks but not that shade and  the obsession to find this one had already begun.  I turned the house upside-down looking.  So I changed the outfit (of coarse can't have the right socks the outfit needs to be changed, used to drive my husband crazy) So the next day I'm putting clothes in the washing and think... lots of socks go in here but never come out.  So I have this bright idea, I'm going to just slip that agitator part off and see if they are under there.  Well, needless to say they weren't, but one piece lead to another until I had turned the thing around and taken the back off and the whole machine was apart before I knew it. Parts of the washer all around the room. I'm now, sitting on the floor laughing.  I shouldn't be laughing I knew this, but I just didn't know how I had gotten myself into this mess.  I hear the door shut, I knew my husband was home.  He enters the room and  as I'm explaining this my laughter is now turning to tears.  I quietly say "can you fix it?"  RIGHT!!  We call a repair man... and the day he came out he surveys the room and says "it would be best for you just to buy a new washer"  My tears come again, not for the washer but for me, because this is going to mean my death, my husband will kill me.  The repair man turns to my husband and says "How did it get like this?"  So my husband briefly explains "she's looking for socks, takes it apart"  The repairman says to me "Oh hun, everyone knows it's the dryer that steals them"  My husband laughed for the first time in days and said "Don't give her any ideas".

Now to put some clarity on this I AM bipolar and I was a tad manic at the time.... I could write up a few of these stories that are now so funny but at the time were so awful and strange.... well I guess they are still strange.  But as I'm writing this I'm laughing my butt off.

I did get a new washer.  I got a new fridge that year too, not because I took it apart but because I sponge painted fish on it, and my husband did not like that!! opps.  But that's a whole another story.......
                       Preview

+++I tried to post this question yesterday but I couldn't get into my journals.  I was having computer problems.  Sorry. 


** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Most Frustrating was years and years ago. When my first child was born.
We planned to use cloth diapers, and wash and dry them ourselves. The week
after we brought her home from the hospital, the clothes washer broke down.
And we didnt have the money to buy a new one yet.
Everyday, almost twice a day I was running to the laundramat and doing loads
of diapers........................

Anonymous said...

my    washer  put good.  it theryer that we have prople  with.we had three dyers   in the last 4years   we been to  togther  but we going to  getanother    one for the winter  i like but my out on the line   in the summer it save enegy. i hate  to go to the landery  mat. i just hope my   washer stay good.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny.I don't really have any stories I don't guess but doing laundry period frustrates me lol

Hugs,Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh you are a kick . that would be so funny ! I tear mine apart when tehy break ,but have been fortunante to be able to fix them lol its a gift .
My days of washing have had there entristing twist but I think you toped mine . I had this washing machine that wasbrand new and the knob broke off. and the part was a hundred bucks.
well I didnt want to pay that much and it was under warrenty and they were draging on replacing it . so I tore the thing apart on top and I was bond and determined to  make it work . For years I used a screwdriver to start it . it finnally wore out and had to be put to rest .
this same washing maching on day I caught going around the corner the steep stairs to the basment It had almost toppled down them still had the back on the floor the front was headed down the stairs . amazinly it was on the other side of the wall when it started and had rocked enough to turn the corner and start heading down /  .

Anonymous said...

Well for years I did have Laundry Day, but now it comes to fast and I do one or two loads everyday.....no real story, just that when I was pregnant with 2nd child, Bug, I worked and my washer died.  Had to load clothes in backseat/truck of car, work all day, then lug them into washateria my pregnant self...spend two hours there, come home, put them all away, cook supper, etc.  Still, I suppose it beat a washboard!  lol -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

So thats where the socks go...in YOUR dryer!
Myra

Anonymous said...

I seriously HATE laundry.  I'd rather clean the toilet!

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/403

Jamie

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay/entries/910

    The link above is to a story about wash day. It's a wierd story. Enjoy.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Wish I had one like yours, but I don't!
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/474
Lori