Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Question 87 ~ Christmas

Tell about your own Christmas traditions.

Sometimes I swear I am repeating questions. I looked and didn't find this one but I remember answering it, maybe it was on a Sat six or some other question journal.

We usually stay home Christmas Eve (although last few years that has become the family time.. which sucks). Me and the kids would make homemade pizzas, finish the tree, drink eggnog, play games and open a couple of presents.  Then bed to wait for Santa <wink>  Christmas Day used to be when we would spend it with my Mom, dad, sister and brother etc.  Somehow that got switched up. So I usually make a small turkey dinner on Christmas for me and the kids and will invite some people over later.  In the evening we often go to the shelter and serve their Christmas meal and spend time with them. It's been a growing experience for me and the kids.  They learn the real meaning of Christmas, that it isn't all about presents and pretty trees.. it's about giving. 
This year will probably be different since my whole family isn't really talking to my mother... we'll see.


** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great question. Sorry about the not talking to mom thing. I can't imagine not talking to my mom.
We switch it up too, we have turkey on Christmas and ham on Thanksgiving. Go figure!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

There are a ton of things I could write here! I'll just stick to what I've been doing recently for Christmas! For the past few years Steve and I buy a tree together and decorate our house! Then when it's close to christmas we go somewhere chrsitmasy lol, like two years ago we went to a place near us called Christmas Village! It's out in the middle of nowhere lit up with thousands of lights. It's mostly for children, but we still go to enjoy the holiday spirit! Then, last year we went to see 'The Nutcracker' play also near us at a Reading theater! We always do our shopping too late when the malls are packed, lol! I usually visit with my mom, then Steve and I always spend chrsitmas dinner at his parent's. Christmas is wonderful! I look forward to it. I have always had family issues around christmas time, so it's nice to really enjoy it now :)

Anonymous said...

I'm up :)
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/Courage/entries/829

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/jamie24601/QuizMe/entries/394

It's been 5 years since the last time I *didn't* have to work on Christmas.  

Jamie

Anonymous said...

    We work very hard before Christmas with our Angel program. We help others during emergency situations have Christmas when they don't expect to. When it's all over, we provide our own Christmas. Christmas Eve we go to the inlaws, see a movie and have dinner out. Sometimes we go to my family later. We do midnight Mass before bed, and then we sleep in. Last year when Bill was in the hospital, we opened our presents after Mass. Then we spent Christmas Day with him. Whether we open presents Christmas morning or Christmas Eve, will depend on how we feel this year. It doesn't matter to me. Just as long as we are all together.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Here's mine!
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/792
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/LorisJournalJar/entries/461
Lori