Monday, March 3, 2008

Question 139

Tell about your favorite uncle:

Well.. I don't really have a favorite.  All my uncle were/are special in one way or another. I never really got close to any of them when I was young.  I was closer to my aunts. 

I do have a second cousin who is much older then I.. and I call him my uncle as that's sort of the role he has always played.  Him, of all the uncle would be my favorite. Mostly because I am closest to him.  We have this weird thing we do at Christmas.  I have no idea how it started or who started it.. but when we send each other Christmas cards we always send each other odd things.  He once sent me a sew on patch that said "da bomb". I've sent him bratz stickers and stuff like that.  It's always funny.  One time I was sending out cards and my son's point sheet (he was in a special ed school that sent point sheets home everyday .. it would give him points for each subject and behaviors and there would be notes regarding how well he behaved. Parents had to sign it and return them each day) this one was on the table as it was Christmas break that needed to be returned his first day back after break... I accidentally sent it in my "uncles" card.  At first I didn't know it.. I was looking all over for it when school was going to start again... as my son would get written up for not returning them.  Then a day or two before school started I got a call.. it was him saying "okay I just don't get this joke?"  I said I hadn't sent anything that year .. he then told me about the point sheet.  LOL  I had to explain to the school so my son wouldn't get in trouble for it.  They laughed.

My uncle "F" is sort of the black sheep of the family (as I was) so we had so much in common... yes he was loved but lived a life not up to the expectations of other family members (as it was with me)  So we had that common bond.. which grew.  He always has my back... he was always calling saying "do you need a joke" and would tell the worse jokes in the world.. which I would laugh at completely.. not because they were funny but because they were SO awful!  He is a good guy all around.  Cares about other's .. never judges anyone.  I really believe people that are judged themselves learn not to judge others as you just can't judge a book by it's cover.

Love you uncle "F" (who probably won't be reading this! lol)

                  

** You know the drill... you can answer in the comment sections, or your own journal.  If you are answering in your own journal please link your entry below so everyone can  enjoy your writing! If you're new to the journal jar please let us know that also! **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DONE!
Rhianna